Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy S III using the hardware keys. If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the [phone / tablet] storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
- Volume Up key
- Home key
- Power key
- When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
- Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
- With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.