Learn how to format and insert or remove the SD card on the Samsung Galaxy S III.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap Storage.
- Under 'SD card,' tap Format SD card.
- Tap Format SD card again to confirm. Follow any additional prompts.
Insert / remove SD card
- Remove the back cover using the notch located at the top of the phone.
- Pull the back cover up and away from the phone.
- Perform one of the following:
- Insert: Insert the memory card into the slot with gold contacts facing down (toward front of phone) and press until you hear a click.
- Remove: Press the memory card into the slot until you hear a click and remove the memory card.