Use this page to identify software versions for the Google Nexus 5 as well as details on recent software updates.
Identify the device's current software version
- From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap About phone.
- Scroll down to view the Build number.
Review software version details
July 28, 2016
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version MOB30Y:
If the update fails, see software update troubleshooting in Grand Central.
Determine update requirements
Your device must meet the following requirements to update your software to the most current version:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Data connection
- Available memory (File size of update: 23 MB)
Update software versions
Update automatically over the air (OTA)
After receiving the OTA notification, follow the on screen prompts to complete the update.
Update from a computer
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch System updates.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, you may receive a prompt to connect.
- If Wi-Fi is not available, tap on OK.
- If the update is not available, you will receive the message The device is up-to-date. If you receive this message, please wait for your device to receive the update via OTA.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.