Learn how to use safe mode on the Google Nexus 5 using the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Press the Power button on your device.
- Touch & hold the Power off option in the dialog box.
- Touch OK in the following dialog to start safe mode.
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem:
- From any Home screen, tap All Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- If necessary, swipe right to the Downloaded screen.
- Tap the desired application.
- Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power button on your device.
- Tap the Power off option.
- Press and hold the Power button again to reboot the device.