Learn how to use safe mode on the Samsung Galaxy Light using the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.
- When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays.
- Uninstall apps that are causing a problem.
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap Application manager.
- If necessary, swipe right to the Downloaded screen.
- Tap the desired application.
- Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart. Tap OK.