Learn how to format and insert or remove the SD card on the LG V20.
Format SD card
Formatting the SD card deletes all data on it. You can format the SD card to delete the files, if files or apps on the SD card are not working, or if the SD card is not working.
- From any home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General tab.
- Scroll to PHONE MANAGEMENT and then tap Storage & USB.
- Tap SD card > Erase SD card.
- If prompted, enter security code and then tap Next.
- Tap Erase SD card.
Insert / remove SD card
- Lift off the back cover with your thumbnail using the notch in the charging port as shown in the figure below.
- Lift the battery from the bottom to remove.
- Insert a memory card into the upper slot with the gold-colored contacts facing downwards or slide it out to remove.
- Insert the battery with the top edge first.
- Align the back cover over the battery compartment and press it down until it clicks into place.