Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Google Nexus 6.
Adjust storage settings
- Set text and multimedia message limits to delete messages automatically
The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You may use this setting to start with, and decrease it if you continue to have problems.
- From any Home screen, tap the Hangouts icon.
- Tap Menu.
- Tap SMS.
- Scroll to 'ADVANCED,' then tap Delete old messages. This will delete old messages when storage is low.
- Change Gmail synchronization setting to every three days
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Gmail.
- Tap the Menu key and then tap Settings.
- Tap your email address.
- Tap Days of mail to sync.
- Swipe down until 3 is selected.
- Tap OK.
Clear storage regularly
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Under 'Device,' tap Apps.
- If necessary, swipe left or right to the All screen or the Downloaded screen.
- To sort apps from largest users of ROM to lowest, tap the Menu key and then tap Sort by size. The apps using the most ROM are now listed at the top of the list.
- Tap the desired application to be uninstalled. Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
- Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
View free storage space
- From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to 'DEVICE,' and then tap Storage.
- View the Available space value.