Learn how to upgrade your BlackBerry device software (from version 4.5 or higher). Updating your software may fix device problems.
- Make sure you have a computer with broadband Internet access and administrator access.
- Make sure you're using a BlackBerry account that isn't connected to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or BlackBerry Professional Software to receive corporate e-mail.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open a web browser, and go to the BlackBerry Software Updates page.
- Click Software Updates.
- Follow the steps listed under Update on the web.