Learn how to upgrade your BlackBerry device software. Updating your software will often fix device problems.
- Make sure of the following:
- You have a computer with broadband Internet access and administrator access.
- You're using a BlackBerry account that isn't connected to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) or BlackBerry Professional Software to receive corporate e-mail.
- Your BlackBerry device is updated to version 4.5 or higher.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open a web browser and go to the BlackBerry Software Updates page.
- Follow the steps listed under Update for the web.