Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Google Nexus 6.
- Tethering works with Windows 7, Windows XP,Windows Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux. For more information about tethering and operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
- For Windows XP, you must have the appropriate driver installed on your computer before you can tether. To learn more, go to www.android.com/tether.
- Connect a USB cable to your phone, then to a computer.
- A USB icon will appear at the top of the screen and the notification Connected as a media device or Connected as a camera appears briefly at the top of the screen.
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap More.
- Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap the USB tethering check box.
- Your computer is now sharing your device's data connection.
- When done, safely disconnect the device from the computer.