Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the Sony Xperia Z3 and SD card.
Format SD card
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'DEVICE,' and then tap Storage.
- Under 'SD card,' tap Erase SD card.
- Tap Erase SD card again to confirm. Follow any additional prompts.
Insert / remove SD card
- Turn off the device. You can also unmount the memory card with the following step:
- Press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll and tap Storage.
- Scroll and tap Unmount SD card.
- Remove the cover of the memory card slot, then press against the edge of the memory card and release it.
- Draw the card outwards to remove it fully.