Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Alcatel ONETOUCH Evolve 2.
Adjust storage settings
- Change GMail synchronization setting to every three days.
- Set text and multimedia message limits to delete messages automatically.The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You may use this setting to start with and decrease it if you continue to have problems
- Use the following tips to clear more storage if the available internal device storage is under 150 MB:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
Clear storage regularly
- Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage. The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB.
- Monitor new applications that you install.
- Consider uninstalling apps if your device has problems after installing them or if they use large amounts of ROM.
- Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM:
- Tap the Menu key from any home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap Application manager.
- Swipe left or right to the All screen or the Downloaded screen if necessary
- Tap the Menu key and then tap Sort by size to sort apps from largest users of ROM to the lowest.
- Tap an app to uninstall and delete it.
- Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
View free storage space
- Tap Apps from any home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to 'DEVICE' and tap Storage.
- View the Available space value listed under 'PHONE STORAGE".