Learn how to insert and remove the battery on the Alcatel ONETOUCH Evolve 2.
- Remove the back cover using the notch located at the bottom edge of the phone.
- Align the gold contacts on the battery with the gold contacts in the battery compartment.
- Press the battery into place.
- Replace the back cover by pressing it onto the phone.
- Power the phone off.
- Remove the back cover using the notch located at the bottom of the phone.
- Lift the battery out of the compartment using the notch located above the battery slot.
A soft reset is a simulated battery removal. This is used to power a device off when the screen is frozen or unresponsive and the device it has an internal battery that cannot be removed. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device. To perform a soft reset, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power key for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait as the device restarts.