Use these steps to support voice commands on the Google Nexus 9.
Write a text message (SMS) with voice
- Tap a text field, or a location in text you've already entered in a text field.
- Tap the Microphone key on the onscreen keyboard.
- When you see a microphone image appear on the screen, speak what you want to type.
- Be sure to speak all punctuation marks and say the following for each:
- Question Mark
- Exclamation Point
- When you pause, what you previously spoke is transcribed by the speech-recognition software and entered in the text field, underlined. To remove the underlining, perform any of the following:
- Tap the Delete key.
- Resume speaking.
- Start typing.