After turning on your device the first time, you may see a setup wizard to help you set up the Apple Watch.
- To use your Apple Watch, you'll need to pair it with an iPhone 5 or later running iOS 8.2 or later.
- You can pair one Apple Watch to your iPhone at a time.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is on.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- Turn on your Apple Watch by pressing and holding the side button next to the Digital Crown until you see the Apple logo.
- Make sure both devices are charged, and keep them close together as you pair and sync them.
To turn on Bluetooth and pair with a headset or other device, follow these steps:
Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
On the Watch, choose your language using the Digital Crown or swiping.
Tap Start pairing on the Watch, then on the iPhone.
Hold the Watch in front of the iPhone camera, centered in the square, until you see the message Your Apple Watch is Paired.
On your iPhone, tap Set Up as New.
If you’ve set up once before, you can tap Restore from Backup on your iPhone and follow onscreen steps.
Pick a wrist by tapping Left or Right on your iPhone. Then read terms and conditions and tap Agree to continue.
Sign in with your Apple ID.
Review the Usage and Diagnostics, Location Services, and Siri settings.
If you change the settings of these services, those changes will apply to both of your devices.
On your iPhone, choose whether to make a passcode for your Apple Watch. You'll need a Passcode for features like Apple Pay.
If you tap Create a Passcode or Add a Long Passcode on your iPhone:
- You'll be asked to make a personal code using your Apple Watch.
- Then decide whether your Apple Watch will unlock with your iPhone.
Tap Install All to sync iPhone apps that work with Apple Watch.
- Only apps that are compatible with Apple Watch will sync.
- Tap Choose Later to sync only basic information like Mail, Contacts, and Messages.
- Your iPhone and Apple Watch will begin to sync.
The length of this process varies depending on the amount of data you're syncing.
Keep your devices close together until you hear a chime and feel a gentle tapping sensation from your Apple Watch.