Learn how to master reset the Apple iPad Air 2 using the menu or hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- If Apple FMiP Activation Lock is enabled, you will need access to the internet to complete these steps.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap desired option:
- Reset All Settings
- Erase All Content and Settings
- Use this option for master reset.
- Reset Network Settings
- Note: This will delete any saved Wi-Fi profiles.
- Reset Keyboard Dictionary
- Reset Home Screen Layout
- Reset Location & Privacy
- Type in the device password if prompted.
- Confirm selection.