Learn how to set up and use Wi-Fi calling and connection preference on the HTC One M9.
Turn on & connect
To use Wi-Fi calling, you must first register an E911 address and turn on Wi-Fi to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
Register your E911 address at My T-Mobile.
From any Home screen, tap Apps.
If necessary, tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn on Wi-Fi.
Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
If security is enabled, enter the Wireless password.
Set connection preference
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Under the 'PHONE' category, tap Call.
- If necessary, scroll down and tap the Wi-Fi Calling check box to turn on Wi-Fi calling.
- Tap Wi-Fi Calling.
- Tap Connection Preferences.
- Select one of the following options:
- Wi-Fi Preferred: All calls are made over an available Wi-Fi network. If there are no available Wi-Fi networks, then calls are made over the cellular network.
- Cellular Network Preferred: All calls are made over the cellular network. If the cellular network is not available, then calls are made over an available Wi-Fi network.
- Never use Cellular Network: All calls are made over a Wi-Fi network. If there are no available Wi-Fi networks, calls will not connect.