Understanding the Issue
- Visual Voicemail crashes
- Visual Voicemail shows a force close error
- Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) is not working, does not turn on, or does not turn off
Visual Voicemail may show a force close error. This can happen when there are saved voicemails that become corrupted.
Help & How to
What to expect
- Unfortunately, due to the limits of software support, a software update will not be available to change the Visual Voicemail app.
- Press and hold 1 on the Dialer screen to check your voicemail, if you have problems with visual voicemail.
To resolve these errors, follow these steps:
- Uninstall all third-party Visual Voicemail applications. Visual Voicemail is imbedded on the device and does not need to download any apps.
- On the Dialer, press and hold 1 to check your voicemail inbox.
- Delete all messages in your inbox. Some messages can become corrupt (often after switching phones) and can cause this force close error.
- Clear data on Visual Voicemail Application with the following steps:
- From Home screen press Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Manage applications.
- Tap All.
- Tap Visual Voicemail.
- Tap Clear Data.
- Restart the device.
- Test Visual Voicemail
- From the Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Tap Voicemail.
- Tap Enable.
- Have customer listen to voicemails available.
- If the issue continues, then dial your voicemail and reset the password.
- Test Visual Voicemail with above steps.
- If issue continues complete a The specified item was not found..
- Open the Play Store, and update any applications that need to be updated.
- Test Visual Voicemail.
- If problems continue, press and hold 1 on the Dialer screen to check your voicemail.