Learn how to wipe the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Pop Astro using the hardware keys. If the [phone / tablet] is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the [phone / tablet] storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold down the Volume up key and the Power key at the same time.
- Release the Power key but continue to hold the Volume Up key when the Alcatel ONETOUCH logo appears.
- When the Android system recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up key.
- Press the Volume down key to navigate to wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- When the cache wipe is complete, Reboot system now is selected.
- Press the Power key to reboot the device.