Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Coolpad Catalyst.
- Tethering works with Windows 7, Windows XP,Windows Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux. For more information about tethering and operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
- For Windows XP, you must have the appropriate driver installed on your computer before you can tether. To learn more, go to www.android.com/tether.
- When you connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable, you can either tether or access files on the phone’s memory card, you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, you must turn off tethering.
- Connect a USB cable to your phone, then to a computer.
- A USB icon will appear at the top of the screen and the notification Connected as a media device or Connected as a camera appears briefly at the top of the screen.
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'Wireless & networks' and tap More.
- Tap Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap the USB tethering switch to turn on.
- Your computer is now sharing your device's data connection.
- When done, safely disconnect the device from the computer.