Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Coolpad Catalyst.
Adjust storage settings
- From any Home screen, tap the Hangouts icon.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap SMS.
- Scroll to 'ADVANCED' and tap Delete old messages. This will delete old messages when storage is low.
Clear storage regularly
- Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below).
- It must be over 150 MB for your device. The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB. If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application. Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the More tab.
- Tap Application manager.
- If necessary, swipe left or right to the All screen or the Downloaded screen.
- To sort apps from largest users of ROM to lowest, tap the Menu key and then tap Sort by size. The apps using the most ROM are now listed at the top of the list.
- Tap the desired application to be uninstalled.Note: Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
- Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
View free storage space
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to 'DEVICE' and tap Storage.
- View the 'Available space' value.