Use these steps to support network settings on the Apple iPhone 5C.
Manual network selection
The device detects and registers on wireless networks inside T-Mobile’s calling area, but roaming networks are usually restricted to T-Mobile SIM cards. You can manually select a network only in areas where T-Mobile does not own GSM spectrum.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Carrier.
- Note: If the Carrier option does not appear with a T-Mobile SIM card in the device, it may indicate the device was not correctly unlocked or jailbroken.
- Slide the Automatic slider to the off position to start scanning for networks.
- Select desired carrier.
- Press the Home button.
Switch 2G / 4G
- From any Home screen, tap Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE.
- Choose from the following:
- Voice & Data (for VoLTE)
- Data Only
Turn on / off airplane mode
Airplane mode turns off wireless connections. This allows app and menu use, but prevents voice or Internet use.
- From any screen, slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen.
- Note: If a small arrow appears, slide your finger up again.
- Tap the Airplane Mode icon.
Turn on / off data roaming
- From any Home screen, tap Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
- Drag the Data Roaming slider to OFF.
Turn on / off mobile data
- From the main menu, tap Settings > Cellular.
- Tap Cellular Data to turn on or off.