Learn how to set alerts, ringtones, and notifications on the Apple iPhone 6.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Notifications.
- Scroll to the bottom section Government Alerts.
- Tap the slider to enable or disable the following:
- AMBER Alerts
- Emergency Alerts
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics > New Mail.
- Change the Vibration and Alert Tones.
- To turn off alert, set the Alert Tone to None.
Ringtone for all calls
- From the Home screen, tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone.
- Scroll to and tap the desired ringtone.
- Press the home button at the bottom of the device..
Ringtone for calls from one contact
You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or phone (device memory).
- From the home screen, tap Phone > Contacts.
- Tap the contact you wish to change.
- Tap Edit > Ringtone.
- Tap the desired ringtone.
- Tap Done.