Use these steps to use text to speech to have messages read out loud on the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Pop 7.
If you are using Text to speech in English, this language is already installed and available to use.
- Tap a text field, or a location in text you've already entered in a text field.
- Tap the Microphone key on the onscreen keyboard.
- When you see a microphone image appear on the screen, speak what you want to type.
- Be sure to speak all punctuation marks and say the following for each:
- Question Mark
- Exclamation Point
- When you pause, what you previously spoke is transcribed by the speech-recognition software and entered in the text field, underlined. To remove the underlining, perform any of the following:
- Tap the Delete key.
- Resume speaking.
- Start typing.
Text to speech settings
- From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to "Language & input," then tap Text-to-speech output.
- Tap Speech rate.
- Tap the radio button to choose desired speech rate:
- Very slow
- Very fast
- Very rapid
- If necessary, tap Listen to an example to hear an example of speech synthesis.