Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the BlackBerry Classic.
Adjust storage settings
- Open the Setup app.
- Tap Accounts, choose your account, then choose a catagory (for example, Email).
- Change Sync Interval to a larger time.
- Change Sync Past Events to a a smaller duration.
Clear storage regularly
Clear storage at least once per week.
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer, and remove it from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
- Monitor new applications that you install.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application.
- Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
- Open the BlackBerry World app.
- Tap the Menu icon at bottom-left, then tap My World > My Apps & Games > Installed.
- Tap the desired application to view the Install Size.
- Uninstall large apps to save space.
View free storage space
- From any Home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings > Storage and Access > Device storage details.
- View the Free value.