Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the BlackBerry Classic.
Enter symbols & numbers
- From an open text field, press and quickly release the alt key to enter a single symbol or number.
- Press the key containing the desired symbol or number.
- To enter two or more continuous symbols or numbers, press and hold the alt key until the box at top-right fills with blue.
- When finished entering text, press the alt key again to return to alphabet mode.
- While in alphabet mode, press and hold a key to see more symbols (If available. Not all keys contain extra symbols).
- Tap the desired symbol on the screen.
- From an open text field, press the sym key to open an on-screen version of available symbols.
- Press the sym key again to see more symbols.
- Tap the desired symbol or number. The on-screen symbols disappear.
- Repeat as necessary.
Text entry mode
- From any Home screen, touch the Status bar and drag it down.
- Tap Settings > Language and Input > Prediction and Correction.
- Tap the Show Predictions switch to turn on or off.
- Tap to adjust the Correction Behavior settings as desired.