Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the LG G5.
Adjust storage settings
- Set text and multimedia message limits to delete messages automatically.
- The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You may use this setting to start with, and decrease it if you continue to have problems.
Clear storage regularly
- Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below).
It must be over 150 MB for your device.
- The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB. If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
- Drag down the notification bar and tap the Settings icon at the top-right.
- Tap the General tab.
- Under 'PHONE MANAGEMENT,' tap Apps.
- If necessary, swipe left or right to the All screen or the Downloaded screen.
- To sort apps from largest users of ROM to lowest, tap the Menu key and then tap Sort by size. The apps using the most ROM are now listed at the top of the list.
- Tap the desired application to be uninstalled. Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
- Tap Uninstall, then tap OK
View free storage space
- Drag down the Notification bar and tap the Settings icon at the top-right.
- You can also reach the Settings menu from any home screen by tapping Apps > Settings.
- If using Tab view, select the General tab.
- Tap Storage, then view the Available value.