Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the LG G5 and SD card.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
- Drag down the notification bar and tap the Settings icon at the top-right.
- Tap General > Storage. (If using List view, scroll down to 'DEVICE,' then tap Storage.)
- Tap Erase SD card > Erase SD card.
- If prompted, enter security code > Next.
- Tap Erase SD card to erase.
Insert / remove SD card
- Hold the phone face up with the top panel facing you.
- Insert the tip of the tray eject tool (or a small bent paperclip) into the tray eject hole next to the microSD & SIM tray slot.
- Push the tip all the way into the hole until the tray ejects.
- Pull out the tray.
- Pace the microSD card (contacts facing down) into the tray.
- Insert the tray back into the device.