Learn how to set alerts, ringtones, and notifications on the LG G5.
- From any home screen, tap Messaging > Menu > Settings.
- Under 'ADVANCED SETTINGS', tap More.
- Tap Emergency alerts.
- Select or clear check boxes for the following options. Presidential are always on and cannot be turned off.
- Imminent extreme alerts
- Imminent severe alerts
- AMBER alerts
- From any home screen, tap Email > Menu > Settings.
- Tap the email account.
- Scroll down to NOTIFICATION SETTINGS.
- Select or clear the Notifications checkbox.
- Tap the following options to update:
- Notification sound
Ringtone for all calls
- Drag down the notification bar and tap the Settings icon at the top-right.
- You can also reach the Settings menu from any home screen by tapping Apps > Settings.
- If using Tab view, select the Sound & notification tab.
- Tap Ringtone, select desired ringtone, then tap OK
Ringtone for calls from one contact
You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or phone (device memory).
- From any home screen, tap Contacts.
- Tap desired contact.
- Tap the edit icon.
- Select desired ringtone, then tap OK.