Learn how to insert and remove the battery on the LG G5.
- To insert a new battery, align the arrows on both the battery and the module and firmly connect the battery terminals to the module.
- Align the battery with the lower edge and carefully slide the module back into the device.
- Press the module eject key to partly eject the module from the device.
- Grab the middle of the ejected module and pull it out.
- To remove the battery, hold the battery and module with both hands and separate them from one another in an outward arc (as indicated below) to disconnect the battery terminals.
A soft reset is when you remove the battery from the device while it is powered on. It does not cause loss of personal data on the device.