Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Samsung Galaxy GRAND Prime.
Adjust storage settings
- From any Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap MORE.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap More settings.
- On Delete old messages, move the slider to ON.
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Gmail.
- Tap the Menu icon to the right of your Inbox.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap your email address.
- Tap Days of mail to sync.
- Swipe down until 3 is selected.
- Tap OK.
Clear storage regularly
You should check the available internal device storage once per week. It must be over 150 MB for your Android device to work properly.
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
If your device starts having problems after installing an application, or if it uses a large amount of ROM, consider uninstalling the application.
From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
Under 'Device,' tap Applications.
Tap Application Manager.
If necessary, swipe left or right to the All screen or the Downloaded screen.
To sort apps from largest users of ROM to lowest, tap MORE and then tap Sort by size. The apps using the most ROM are now listed at the top of the list.
Tap the desired application to be uninstalled. Uninstalling an app will delete the app.
Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
View free storage space
From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
Scroll down to 'System,' and then tap Storage.
Under 'Device memory,' view the Available space value.