Understanding the Update
Beginning August 31st, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will have an optional manual software update to Android version 4.0.4 /Software T859UVLH6 (Ice Cream Sandwich) via Kies only.
- Important: Beginning August 31st, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will have an optional manual software update to Android version 4.0.4 /Software T859UVLH6 (Ice Cream Sandwich) via Kies and optional OTA download.
- Note: This optional update will wipe the Home Screen layout.
You can update in one way:
Manual download to T859UVLH6: If you want to update to Ice Cream Sandwich, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.
|Software version||Approval/Release Date|
- New Features & Improvements
- Version Information
- Android version 4.0.4 / Software version T859UVLH6
- Note: See Top 10 things to know about TouchWiz Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update.
- Manual Update ONLY (Size varies based on previous software version)
- Notification via Android Notifications
- Approved 8/31/12
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS)
- ICS update will be required to use Media Hub after August 27th.
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- At least 50% battery life
- Version Information
To manually install the update via Kies - Android version 4.0.4/ Software version T859UVLH6 ONLY, follow these steps:
- Important: If you do not have a computer for the ICS update, there is no another option for this update at this time.
- Download the most recent version of Kies by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ (Select the SAMSUNG Kies version compatible with the PC).
- Note: Save the file to a desired location - the Desktop is recommended for easy access.
- Ensure you are on the most recent Kies version. If you attempt to check for Kies updates manually through the application, older versions may not recognize that there is a new version available. Compare your version number (found in Help > Kies Info) with that available through Samsung (click the file to download, on the download screen, the file name will include 2.x.x.x.xxxxx_, this is the current version available).
- Double click the Kies file. The program will self-extract, no action is required.
- Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
- Read the license agreement, check the box for "I accept..." and click Next.
- Kies will begin the installation. No action is required.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
Prepare the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Plus
- From the Android home screen, press the Menu bar and tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Development.
- Tap USB Debugging.
- Tap the Home key to exit the settings menu.
- Insert the USB data cable into the device and then into an available port on the computer.
- Select Samsung Kies at the phone prompt. The PC should recognize several devices and begin installation. This is normal and may take a few minutes. Unplug the data cable when completed.
Upgrade the device to Android version 4.0.4/ Software version T869UVLH6
- Important: Verify you have backed up all of your data, including the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
- On the PC, open the Kies application.
- Connect the device to the computer using the included USB cable.
- Once Kies recognizes the device, a popup window will appear.
- Click Update.
- Read the Caution statements and select the I have read... check box.
- If desired, select Allow saving to back up the device. If not, select Proceed without saving.
- Click Start Upgrade.
- The software will download to the PC, and then to the device.
- When the update completes, the 'Firmware Upgrade Complete' window will appear.
- Device will power cycle; do not turn off device.