Understanding the Update
Beginning April 5, the myTouch 4G Slide software update will resume. The new software version is 1.63.531.2. This update will continue until April 30.
You can update in two ways:
- Over the air (OTA) update: T-Mobile will push the update to your device sometime between 4/5 and 4/30. We cannot expedite how soon we send the OTA to individuals.
- Manual download: If you do not want to wait for the OTA, you can update immediately through the settings menu. See the steps for Download update from HTC below.
|Current Software Number||Update Status|
|This software version is current. Your device software is up to date.|
Follow the steps below to Download update from HTC.
T-Mobile and HTC will not send you a software update.
Devices with non-T-mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.
See also: Check your software version.
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.63.531.2 - Current version
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.63.531.2
- Updated 4/5/2012
- Restores preloaded themes that were removed in version 1.55.531.3
- Google security fix
- Improvements to Wi-Fi Calling
- Improvements to Genius Button
- Improvements to Netflix app experience
- OTA update
- Device is running Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.28.531.9 or 1.28.531.10 or 1.55.531.3
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data connection
- 350 MB available memory (File size of update is 24.2 MB)
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.55.531.3
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.28.531.10
- Android version 2.3.4 / Software number 1.28.531.9
Help & How to
Download update from HTC
You may request the update from the update servers, even if you have not received the Over the Air (OTA) update. To download or check for updates, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch HTC software updates.
- Touch Check now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android 2.3.4 / Software number 1.63.531.2.
Download Over the Air (OTA) software update
After receiving a notification that you received the OTA update, you may download it. To download, follow these steps:
- You will receive this notification message when the update is available for you:
"This software update includes new enhancements and an important security update for your HTC myTouch 4G Slide. It won’t delete any of your content, but you will be unable to use your device or make emergency calls for the duration of the install. The update is expected to take 10 to 15 minutes, but could take longer."
- From the message Notification Screen, touch Download.
- Touch Install Now.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android 2.3.4 / Software number 1.63.531.3.