Learn how to wipe the ZTE Obsidian using the hardware keys. If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Begin with the device turned off.
- First, press and hold just the Power key for 1-2 seconds, then quickly press and hold the Volume Up key as well.
- Continue to hold both keys until the Select Boot Mode screen displays.
- Press Volume Up to highlight Recovery Mode, then press Volume Down to confirm your selection.
- After a few seconds, an android laying down with a yellow triangle will appear.
- Press and release the Volume Up and Power keys at the same time.
- When Android system recovery appears, press Volume Down repeatedly until wipe cache partition is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Once complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.