Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the ZTE Obsidian.
Check that Wi-Fi and Smartphone Mobile Hotspot are turned off.
- From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Under the 'WIRELESS & NETWORKS' heading, tap More.
- Tap Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap Mobile HotSpot settings.
- Tap Configure Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap the Network name field to enter a new network name, if desired.
- Tap the Preferred Channel drop-down menu to select the desired option.
- Tap the Security drop-down menu and select the desired options.
- If prompted, enter a password.
- Check or uncheck the following:
- Show password
- Broadcast network name (SSID)
- To reset all Mobile HotSpot settings, tap RESET OOB.
Tap Maximum connections and choose a number (1-8).
Tap Keep Wi-Fi hotspot on and choose one of the following:
- Always ON
- Disable after 5 min of inactivity
- Disable after 10 min of inactivity
Tap Allowed devices to select the following:
- Tap the check box to turn Allow all devices on or off.
- If desired, tap ADD NEW, enter a Name and MAC address to add a device to the allowed devices list, then tap Save.
- If desired, tap DELETE, tap the check boxes to select devices to remove from the allowed list, then tap Remove.
- Press the Back button.
Tap Power Mode and choose one of the following:
- Maximum battery life
- Maximum HotSpot range
Turn on / off
From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
Under the 'WIRELESS & NETWORKS' heading, tap More.
Tap Mobile HotSpot.
Tap the Mobile HotSpot slider to turn it on or off