Learn how to use safe mode on the Samsung Galaxy On5 using the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem. If your device goes into Safe Mode without following the steps below, this is caused by installing third party software which may not be working properly with the Android OS.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the screen with the device name.
- When 'SAMSUNG' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see 'Safe Mode'.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.