- On your computer, open the webpage "http://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
- Select the Smart Switch version compatible with the computer operating system and device.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the drivers.
- When prompted, connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- For best results, use the charging cable that comes with the device.
- On the Smart Switch screen, click MORE.
- Click Preferences, then select the Backup items tab.
- Select the content types you would like to back up, then click OK.
- Click Backup on the main Smart Switch screen. It may take several minutes for the backup to be completed.
- A screen appears, informing you that the backup is complete. Click Confirm.
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable. For best results, use the cable that came with the phone.
- To share your connection, select the USB tethering check box.
- Tap OK if you would like to learn more about tethering.
- Once connected, Tethered appears under 'USB tethering' and the check box is selected.