Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy S7 using the hardware keys. If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight 'yes' an press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.