Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Kyocera Hydro LIFE.
Adjust storage settings
- From the home screen, tap Apps > Messaging.
- Tap the Menu icon with three dots, then tap Settings.
- Place a check next to Delete old messages.
- Tap to change the limits for the following:
- Text message limit
- Multimedia message limit
Clear storage regularly
- Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below).
It must be over 150 MB for your device. The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB. If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
- Monitor new applications that you install.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling it.
View free storage space
- From any home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to 'DEVICE,' then tap Storage.
- Tap System storage.
- Under 'Total Space,' view the Available value.