Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy Tab E using the hardware keys. If the tablet is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the tablet storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Samsung Galaxy Tab E logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
- Press the Power key.
- Once Cache wipe complete appears, press the Power key to select Reboot system now.
- The device restarts once the wipe is finished.