Learn how to check the software version and see official versions for the HTC Radar 4G. Find out more on this page:
Beginning February 15, the Radar 4G received a software update to 1600.2200.20402.531. This update provides features and improvements:
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, swipe left to Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap More Info.
- Read the version on the phone, and check it below:
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version 1600.2200.20402.531:
If the update fails, contact customer care.
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Connection to PC running Zune software
Software update: Automatic (OTA)
Update automatically Over-The-Air (OTA)
This software update will be pushed to your phone after February 15, 2012. Your phone will notify you when it is ready to update. If your phone has not received an OTA message, see Software update: Download below.
After receiving the OTA notification, you will need to connect your device to a computer with Zune software installed to complete the update.
Software update: Download
Download and install software update
You can download and install the software update:
Update software from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:
- Connect the device to a computer using a USB cable. Zune should automatically open once the device is connected. If you do not have Zune installed on the computer, a pop-up should prompt you to download and install it.
- Wait for Zune to finish checking for updates.
- Click the Update Now button to begin the update process.
- Once the update is complete, click Finish.