Learn how to set alerts, ringtones, and notifications on the Nokia Lumia 435.
- From the start screen, swipe left and tap Messaging.
- Tap menu > settings > emergency alerts.
- Tap the switches to turn desired alerts on or off. Presidential Alerts are always on.
- Swipe left on the start screen.
- Scroll down to and tap settings > ringtones+sounds > manage app sounds.
- Tap the email account.
- Tap notification sound.
- Tap desired alert sound or tap none.
Ringtone for all calls
- Swipe left on the home screen to the App list.
- Scroll down to and tap settings > ringtones+sounds.
- Tap the Vibrate switch to turn on or off .
- Tap Ringtone and select the desired ringtone.
Ringtone for calls from one contact
You cannot assign a ringtone to contacts stored on the SIM card or phone (device memory).
- From the start screen, tap the People tile.
- Tap the desired contact.
- Tap edit > +ringtone.
- Tap the desired ringtone, then tap the save icon.