Learn how to use the task manager, view free space, and free up memory and storage on the Nokia Lumia 530 and SD card.
See SD card & device file transfer to transfer files between a device, SD card or computer.
Format SD card
- Swipe left on the home screen.
- Scroll down to and tap Settings.
- Tap storage sense.
- Tap SD card.
- Scroll down to and tap format SD card.
- Tap yes.
Insert / remove SD card
- Turn off the phone.
- At the top of the phone, pull back on the seam between the screen frame and the back cover. Place your thumb in the middle of the back cover, bend the cover open, and remove it. Do not use any sharp tools, as they may damage the phone.
- Lift out the battery from the upper-right corner.
- Push the SD memory card into the memory card slot or pull it out to remove the card.
- Line up the gold battery contacts on the bottom and insert the battery.
- Press the bottom edge of the cover against the bottom edge of your phone and snap the cover into place.