Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the Nokia Lumia 530.
Restart device regularly
You should restart your phone at least once per day.
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps that you install.
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an app, consider uninstalling the app. (See Manage apps.)
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- Press and hold the Back button.
- Swipe left and right to see running apps.
- Swipe down on a app to close it.