Learn how to PUK unlock the Apple iPhone SE. If you enter a PIN code incorrectly several times in a row, the device blocks you from attempting again and may also permanently damage your SIM card.
Identifying PUK code error messages
Confirm customers are receiving one of the following or similar error messages on their devices.
- "PIN code blocked. Enter PUK code."
- "Enter PUK code"
- "SIM card locked. Emergency calls only. Please contact Customer Care."
Entering PUK codes
- Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code.
- When prompted on the dialer screen, tap Unlock.
- Enter the PUK code, then tap OK.
- Enter a new PIN code, then tap OK.
- Re-enter the new PIN code, then tap OK.
- Wait for the device to finish unlocking.