Learn how to master reset the Apple iPhone SE using the settings menu and perform a soft reset using the hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. If Apple FMiP Activation Lock is enabled, you will need internet access.
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap desired option:
- Reset All Settings
- Erase All Content and Settings
- Use this option for master reset.
- Reset Network Settings (this deletes saved Wi-Fi profiles)
- Reset Keyboard Dictionary
- Reset Home Screen Layout
- Reset Location & Privacy
- Enter device password if prompted, then confirm selection.
Soft reset with hardware keys
Perform a soft reset using hardware keys if the device is unresponsive,
- Hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together.
- Wait for the screen to go black.
- Wait for the white Apple logo to appear.
- Release your fingers.
- The device reboots and performs a soft reset.