Diagnostic Metrics are information we collect from your device to help identify problems so it can run more smoothly. Learn what is collected and why.
The Diagnostic Metrics may collect the following:
- Device signal strength
- System crashes
- Dropped calls records
- Battery performance
- Application usage
Customer privacy is very important to us. T-Mobile metrics cannot collect private or personal information, such as:
- No content of text messages
- No content of email or voice messages
- No content from customers’ Internet activity
- No content of online searches
T-Mobile only uses the collected metrics to:
- Identify apps that are using too much memory or processing power, which could drain your battery.
- Return your device to peak performance.
- Recognize when your device has been using a weak network signal.
You can turn metrics collection on or off from the T-Mobile app.
- Open the app. If you don't have it, download it now.
- Tap the Menu button.
- Tap APP SETTINGS.
- Tap the button to the left of DIAGNOSTICS to enable or disable this option.