Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the Nokia Lumia 635.
Change default keyboard
- From the alphabet keyboard, tap the &123 key.
- Tap desired symbol(s) or number(s).
- Tap the arrow key to see additional symbols.
- Tap the smiley key to access emoticons.
- Tap the abcd key to switch to return to the alphabet keyboard.
Text entry mode
- Swipe left on the Start screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap keyboard.
- Tap Tap to change.
- Select or clear these check boxes:
- Suggest text
- Highlight misspelled words
- Correct misspelled words
- Suggest emoticons
- Insert a space after I select a suggestion
- Insert a period after I double-tap the Spacebar
- Capitalize the first letter of a sentence
- Type as I swipe through letters