The Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge has anti-theft and may affect how customers are able to master reset the device. To use anti-theft, follow these steps.
- Update device to software version G920TUVU2COF6. See Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge.
- If a Google ID has already been set up and a PIN, password or fingerprint lock has been enabled, anti-theft has been activated automatically.
- If a Google ID has not been set up, see Email accounts. After signing into a Google ID, a PIN, password, or fingerprint lock must be set up to turn on Anti-theft.
- From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Google.
- Tap the Google ID email address. Repeat for each Google email address.
- Tap MORE.
- Tap Remove account.
- Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT to confirm.