Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.
Restart device regularly
Restart phone at least once per day.
Reduce memory use
Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory.
If your phone is running slow, reduce the memory it is using:
- Replace a live wallpaper
- Remove widgets
Manage apps to keep your device running smoothly
- Use Manage apps to update apps, clear app cache and data, recent apps, and uninstall an app.
- Never install a third-party task manager or battery manager. These apps interfere with how device software works.
- Research and monitor new apps:
- Read app reviews before installing. Not all apps run smoothly on phones.
- Read customer reviews before downloading an app to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device has problems after installing an app, uninstall it.
A task manager can view running apps and close them.
- Tap the Recent Apps key.
- Tap Task Manager.
- Tap End to close an app.
- Tap End all to close all apps.
View free memory
- From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Under APPLICATIONS, tap Application manager.
- Swipe to the RUNNING screen
- View amount of free memory