Learn how to use safe mode on the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge using the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys.
- When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power key,
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device restarts.
- When 'Safe mode' appears in the bottom left, release the Volume down key.
- Uninstall apps that cause problems:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Under 'APPLICATIONS,' tap Application manager.
- Swipe to the DOWNLOADED screen.
- Tap desired app.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK.
Turn off safe mode
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart. The device restarts in normal mode.